Old December 22nd 03, 04:55 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Peter B Peter B is offline

Default reducing congestion

"Oliver Keating" wrote in message

"Mikael Armstrong" wrote in message
I can't say I have a second home, but why should a second home be

heavily
taxed?

Because people who own 2 houses are clearly very rich, and the rich should
be targeted for tax for two reasons:

What utter bollox. With only a minor change in fortunes and/or by focusing
money in different ways I could perhaps afford a second home and I'm a long
way from being rich by western standards.

The thing is, most people with a 2nd home will travel there every weekend
without fail.

The age and type of the cars clogging the M1 through the Midlands late on
Sunday afternoons doesn't indicate wealth.
They mainly look like ordinary working folk who are visiting, sightseeing
etc.
Contrast it to the age and type of car during the week which indicate reps
and middle/senior management going about their business. These people are
less likely to be clogging roads up at weekends as they've had a bellyfull
during the week!

Pete