Old July 4th 09, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
neverwas[_2_] neverwas[_2_] is offline

Default Do platform tickets still exist for (i) tube and (ii) overground please?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I couldn't find the
answers in this group or elsewhere.

Platform tickets are still mentioned in
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...e_May_2009.pdf
in Section 9:

"If you are in a compulsory ticket area you must have a ticket or Oyster
card that is valid and available for the whole of the journey you are
making. If you are not making a journey and you do not hold a ticket or
Oyster card that is both valid and available for travel you must buy a
Platform ticket where it is possible to do so. Otherwise you will be
liable to pay a Penalty fare or you may be prosecuted."

What I cannot find is when/where they are and are not available; how one
buys a platform ticket where they are available;and the price. It does
not help that there is no mention of them in other publications for the
tube and overground (eg
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-zones1-6.pdf).

Also, is a platform ticket *always* available when barriers are in use?
If not, how am I supposed to access the platform without using my Oyster
PAYG and so incurring the cost of a one zone journey when touching in
and out at the same station?