Old July 4th 09, 02:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Do platform tickets still exist for (i) tube and (ii) overground please?

In message , at
13:31:02 on Sat, 4 Jul 2009, neverwas remarked:
I expect people would say "why do you want to do that?"

Perhaps I should have said that even in these days of suitcases with
wheels there are people who appreciate help with them - especially at
stations which are not step-free.

I know that's a "reasonable excuse" in some people's eyes. But they
don't allow it, for example, at airports, where you could make the
excuse of helping an elderly person up the stairs into the plane.

Restrictions are constantly nibbling away at what we are allowed to do,
and lack of platform tickets are but one recent example of this.