Old July 5th 09, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Lawrie Lawrie is offline

Default Do platform tickets still exist for (i) tube and (ii) overground please?

wrote in message
In article ,
(neverwas) wrote:

Also, is a platform ticket *always* available when barriers are in use?
If not, how am I supposed to access the platform without using my Oyster
PAYG and so incurring the cost of a one zone journey when touching in
and out at the same station?

At Cambridge I ask and am let through the barriers without a ticket every
time.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

I have often had to help an elderley relative on and off the train at
Reading and I ask at the barrier and am given a laminated permit to go on
the platform for a temporary period which I then hand back when I leave the
platform. I do show my priv card, whether that makes a difference I don't
know,
Lawrie