Old July 5th 09, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Polson[_2_] Tony Polson[_2_] is offline

Default Do platform tickets still exist for (i) tube and (ii) overground please?

"Lawrie" wrote:

I have often had to help an elderley relative on and off the train at
Reading and I ask at the barrier and am given a laminated permit to go on
the platform for a temporary period which I then hand back when I leave the
platform. I do show my priv card, whether that makes a difference I don't
know.

They aren't usually given out at Reading for people who want to
watch/photograph trains, only for people who have a demonstrable need to
meet/greet or see off a relative/friend.