Old July 8th 09, 09:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Class 378s into service this week?

On Jul 8, 8:24*pm, D7666 wrote:
If the Euston Watford service were not there, the Bakerloo would be
desperately over loaded beyond capacity; the NLL is simply crowded.

? - the BL is surely one of the emptiest Tube lines, and the 3tph on
the DC lines don't add all that much...

A brand new out of the packet 378 failing during warranty / mileage
accumulation / crews-ramping-up-routine-familiarisation would screw
the Bakerloo completely if it happened in the wrong place i.e. between
Queens and Stonebridge Parks say just before the pm peak and stranding
X number of Bakerloo sets in depot.

So there's a few hundred metres where it'd matter (ie 'stops Bakerloo
trains being brought out of depot to run the QP-Central London
service). Whereas a failure on the NLL (pretty much any of the NLL,
given the 3rd track is out of commission) would create havoc.

Bear in mind that 377/5s are
capably failing mosdt days every week of bringing TL core to a halt
for up to half an hour at a time for the most trivial issues, then
378s might be the same.

Cite? As someone who uses TL every day, that doesn't seem to be
anything even vaguely close to what's happening.

Thats why I think the Euston DC route is more important *- not to have
378s (I never implied that) but because it is a more important route
full stop.

Except for not being.

--
John Band