Old July 9th 09, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Another Oyster problem

On 9 July, 13:26, Commuter wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
You're going to have to provide more comprehensive information about
what journeys you made if we're going to try and fathom this out.

Well I'd done the journey Heron Quays to Woolwich Arsenal (changing at
Poplar) and touched in at Heron Quays and out at Woolwich Arsenal
(ticket barriers).

*From my statement, the journeys before we
"Marble Arch - Tower Hill
* Marble Arch - Canary Wharf DLR
* Marble Arch - Canary Wharf"

Interesting that it's put Marble Arch - Canary Wharf as two separate
journeys when it was only one, but wasn't charged due to price capping
which had already been reached. (I had done Marble Arch - Canary Wharf
DLR and then entered Canary Wharf LU and exited straight away.

I still can't see how it could have happened. Surely if you have an
unfinished and an unstarted journey then they are the same journey and
should be charged accordingly (due to capping, no price).

How long did you spend at Canary Wharf? I assume you got there via
Jubilee and touched out at the Jubilee station.

So the issue may be around whether it was taken as one long
interchange and timed you out for the overall journey.

In that case it would mean that it took Heron Quays as the start of
the last leg (rather than the start of the journey) and that the
journey was unfinished because the time from Marble Arch to Woolwich
Arsenal was more than two hours (or the time limit at the time) more
likely if there is a particularly generous interchange time allowed at
Canary Wharf/Heron Quays.

The statement is weird, but I think it's been established that
inaccuracy in the statement doesn't necessarily imply inaccuracy in
the calculation of fares.