Old July 9th 09, 08:14 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Martin Petrov Martin Petrov is offline

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

On 8 July, 20:57, 1506 wrote:
On Jul 7, 1:09*pm, James Farrar wrote:

"Paul Scott" wrote :

"James Farrar" wrote in message
.1.4...
1506 wrote in
:

Do fares for these services carry a premium?

Yes.

Ashford to London single £26.60 on HS1 (£17.50 regular).

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk...pages/view/325

Wrong James.

You have compared the Anytime single fare with supplement to the
Offpeak single without.

OK, oops. But there's still a premium, even if I overstated its amount.

None-the-less, I think this may indicate a way forward for suburban
rail development. *It seems that the market will pay more for a
superior product.

Remember, if you live in Ashford and work in London, chances a

a) you have kids
b) you have a fairly decent job

If someone offered you an extra 2 hours (approx?) every day to spend
with your kids or playing 5-a-side or lying in bed in the morning (or
whatever the hell you do with your spare time....), and all it cost
you was £8 (approx?) a day, you'd do it, right? Who wouldn't?

Just £4.40 for an extra hour in bed every day? Priceless.