Old December 22nd 03, 04:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default level crosings on the LUL

In article m, Martin
Underwood writes
Really? I thought that it was standard practice to close a level crossing if
it was just beyond the end of a platform in case the train overshot and
strayed onto the crossing. Certainly that's what's done with London-bound
trains at Sunningdale and Reading-bound trains at Egham.

Or are you saying that it *is* done, but that it's for safety rather than
purely signalling reasons?

Or for operational reasons - it means you can dispatch the train that
little bit quicker.

It might also be put into the signalling controls at individual
locations following a risk assessment; I just know it isn't a global
requirement.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: