Old July 10th 09, 06:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Tottenham Hale Bus Station

On Jul 10, 7:16*pm, MIG wrote:

On 10 July, 10:21, Mizter T wrote:

On Jul 10, 7:31*am, MIG wrote:

On 10 July, 03:52, James Farrar wrote:

[snip]

londonbusroutes.net says that the only night bus routes that run bendies
are the 12, 25, N29, 149 and 153.

Not the 453?

The N453 is indeed a bendy bus.

I realised after that his 153 must be a typo for 453, which I think is
just 24-hour rather than a N.

It is indeed, you are correct, and James did a typo - the 24-hour 453
is featured here on the Westminster night bus map:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...uses-11497.pdf

I couldn't remember if it was a 24 hour route or not, so instead of
checking a bus spider map or the TfL journey planner I did a Google
image search for "n453 london bus", one of the first thumbnails in teh
results led me to this page - which has an out of date photo of a bus
stop at Baker Street which displays 'plates' for both 453 and N453:
http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Travel/...uses.htm#Stops

It's obviously taken after the introduction of bendy buses, as they
both appear on yellow 'plates' with the advice/warning "Buy tickets
before boarding" (and it's just outside the central London 'pay before
you board' area too). So my half-remembered recollection of there
being a distinct N453 service in the recent past wasn't so far wide of
the mark! I'm not sure when the separate N453 was dropped and the
daytime 453 went 24-hours though.