Old July 11th 09, 06:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Southern Advance Tickets - 90% off!! (available 10/07/09 only)

In article ,
(Steve M) wrote:

I fly from Gatwick quite often and was prepared to buy a big bunch
of London - Brighton tickets (50p each) cutting my journey short at
Gatwick. But no need... Southern are actually selling Advance
tickets London to Gatwick! Why why why why why can't the same sort
of thing happen on the Stansted line (even on the Stratford
stopper)? Prices on that route keep going up and up while Gatwick,
arguably the more important airport, remains quite reasonable.

Trouble is, the discounted tickets seem to be Southern-only unlike the
NXEC online discounts and Virgin which include connections from Cambridge,
sometimes at huge discounts. So, from Cambridge to Gatwick, a Network card
discounted Off-Peak through return is cheaper, even though I can get £3
singles between Victoria and Gatwick.

--
Colin Rosenstiel