Old July 12th 09, 11:19 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David A Stocks[_2_] David A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default Southern Advance Tickets - 90% off!! (available 10/07/09 only)

"Recliner" wrote in message
news

My booking involves two very tight changes in each direction (eg, five
minutes at Clapham Junction and Brighton) -- does anyone know the policy
if I miss one of these because the incoming train was late? The tight
changes were generated by the booking engine -- had I been selecting
trains individually, I'd have allowed longer, especially at CJ. Obviously
it's up to me to show up in good time for the first train of each journey.

Grab the next Southern train and tell whoever checks the tix what happened,
if you're asked. They're unlikely to query anything unless the delay means
you stray onto a peak service where AP tix wouldn't have been sold. It's
probably a good idea to take a printout of the itinerary with you, although
it should be obvious from the reservation stubs what you're trying to do.

If it's major disruption grab the next train regardless of operator. I got
caught up in the Victoria flooding chaos last Tuesday on a journey from
Brighton to London Bridge with a Daysave ticket in my pocket. The platform
staff at East Croydon told me it wouldn't be a problem if the first London
Bridge train was an FCC service (it wasn't).

D A Stocks