Old July 12th 09, 01:57 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

On Jul 12, 1:18*pm, "Willms" wrote:

Am Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:51:04 UTC, *schrieb "Recliner"
*auf uk.railway :

In the UK, "professional" implies reasonably or very well-off people,
such as lawyers and accountants.

* I am sure that many carpenters, engineers, and other not so well
paid workers perform their work in a much more professional way than
those named above. *

* I was confronted with this socially motivated perversion of language
for the first time in the US-american computer company which at one of
the frequent re-organisations decided to split the service department
into to: the "professional service" and the other service. What an
insulting disgrace!

I tend to agree with you on that broad point.