Old July 12th 09, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
West Yorkshire Bus West Yorkshire Bus is offline

Default London Heritage Routes

With Boris being pro-Routemasters, anti-Bendibuses, I'm surprised
there hasn't been any changes to the heritage Routemaster services in
London since they were introduced

I was in London recently and the services seemed popular and the very
sight of one on the road caused tens of tourists to get out their
cameras.

Personally I think they should extend the 15 so it runs from Tower
Hill to Trafalgar Square and then to Marble Arch.

The 9 is fine, but both these services are east to west routes so I
think if they were to introduce a third service it should be north to
south and one that actually crosses the Thames.

An ideal route for a heritage service in my opinion would be the 453
running from Baker Street to County Hall (or from Marylebone Station
to Elephant & Castle if there would be no space to turn or stand at
those other locations). The high service number is a bit unfortunate
though.

Has anyone any thoughts on this?