Old July 13th 09, 10:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default 378s to be unveiled today - BBC

On Jul 13, 11:31*am, Andy wrote:
The planned continuing of 2-car DMUs on the Goblin is nothing short of
a joke.

If it allows them to double the frequency on GOBLIN, then I'm all for
2 car units (to start with). A 2-car unit every 15 mins is preferable
to a 3 car unit every 30 mins, although the increased frequency will
probably lead to a need for longer trains as demand builds up. If DfT
and TfL ever get the money sorted out, electrification and 4 car 378
units would then appear.

Presumably the logic is that if we're extending the GOBLIN platforms
it might as well be to 4 cars (which'd be either 2x172 or 1x378
depending on electrification status), hence ordering and carrying out
work for 3-car 172s would be completely pointless.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org