Old July 13th 09, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Whats up with the jubilee line

On Jul 13, 11:49*am, wrote:
At the moment there doesn't seem to be a day that goes by without me hearing
on the travel news that the jubilee is shut for engineering works or there's
severe delays on the line. Who's running it at the moment, Mickey Mouse?

Re the weekend closures - extra weekend closures on the Jubilee line
were requested recently by Tube Lines (the infraco), and these were
granted by LU:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ive/11760.aspx

Basically the rush is on to get the new signalling system online by
the December deadline. I'd be interested to know if Tube Lines is
compensating LUL - or more to the point LUL is paying Tube Lines less
- because of these weekend closures (over and above the cost of rail
replacement buses and associated staffing)? Or is LUL just keen for
the work to get done ASAP?