Old July 13th 09, 12:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default 378s to be unveiled today - BBC

On 13 July, 12:17, John B wrote:
Interesting. I have to admit that LO plans have changed so much I've
now got more or less no idea what's envisaged - I thought the medium-
term plan was 4-car GOBLIN trains running through to Clapham, have
they now been dropped?

I would think definitely until electrification occurs.

I also thought the 172s were going to be fairly conventional 2+2 wide-
aisle train layout, rather than longitudinally seated like the 378s -
is that wrong too? Otherwise, I'm struggling to see how they'd have
much more nominal capacity than the 150s. Are there any pictures/mock-
ups of the LO 172s available?

They're 23m vs 20m per car and I think the cab takes up less length.
The 150s were still 3+2 when I got this number, which may account for
the rest of the difference.