Old July 13th 09, 04:48 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

In message
, at
09:30:54 on Mon, 13 Jul 2009, TimB remarked:
There's also the distinction between those on a salary (annual) and a
wage (by the hour). Somewhat diluted by the growth in self-employment
and freelancing, but still a common mindset, I think.

I'm not sure how well that maps onto real life. Last week I was
discussing an issue with someone with a manual job on not much more than
minimum wage, but they were paid a salary, not by the hour.