Old December 22nd 03, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
JNugent JNugent is offline

Default reducing congestion

wrote:

JNugent wrote:

It was Maggie and co that forced an end to tied housing.

Sheer, biased, blinkered, knee-jerk, nonsense.
The tied cottage was being "phased out" (pilloried as a
social anachronism) decades before 1979.
S'funny, that.
Had the tied cottages remained in their original use,
there'd be less need for hand-wringing over the housing
fate of agricultural workers, wouldn't there?

I didn't say it wasn't on the way out, I merely made the point that
Thatcher forced it to end. A subtle but distinct difference that is
obviously lost on you.

The more so because it was a lie.