Old July 14th 09, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
DW downunder DW downunder is offline

Default Whats up with the jubilee line

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
On 13 July, 12:29, wrote:
Why are train building and railway infrastructure companies constantly
trying
to re-invent the wheel? Why don't they just use one of the systems
running
happily on the central line or DLR for gods sake or has Not Invented Here
Syndrome raised its ugly head again?

It is the system from the DLR.

..... and we've had some threads looking at how the DLR handles temporary
speed restrictions through a reboot of the computers, and reports of trains
overrunning stops, etc. Seems the DLR system isn't as watertight or well-run
as we'd thought.

DW downunder

I don't know anything beyond what's in the board papers, which have
variously mentioned communication problems and specifically "works to
replace the
concentric cable with newly installed multi-core cable", which I think
refers to the leaky feeder cable that runs along the track and tells
the train where it is.