Old July 14th 09, 04:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 378s to be unveiled today - BBC

On 14 July, 11:27, Tom Barry wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
On Jul 13, 8:45 pm, "neverwas" wrote:

This has been accompanied by a new London Overground 'microsite' on
the TfL website, which sings the praises of LO and the routes they
operate:
Oddly they have used the *(Google) map locations which appear to come
from nationalrail.co.uk rather than the ones with the tube symbol. *So
some of the markers are way out: eg Homerton is marked about 300m East
of its proper location.

I think the use of Google Maps might possibly be a result of the
leaner TfL marketing operation post-Bozza cutbacks. I do think it
looks a bit cheap, though I'm sure it could be defended as making use
of free/low-cost tools that are out there etc.

Whatever the reason, it's got some obvious crap - they've got Westfield
located in the residential area of Shepherd's Bush north of Uxbridge
Road and west of the H&C bridge. *The Emirates Stadium is moved a few
hundred yards east, too. *

From other limited experience, Google Maps seems to put the arrows in
the right place if you look at them from the Google site, but puts
them in the wrong place when you embed maps in other sites.