Old July 15th 09, 10:47 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Bill Hayles Bill Hayles is offline

Default 378s to be unveiled today - BBC

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:41:05 +0100, "Peter Masson"
wrote:

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote

I thought the Cross Town LinkLine connecting Camden Road to North Woolwich
opened in 1979, before Livingstone was running the GLC?

Indeed. Initially it was a dmu operation between North Woolwich and Camden
Road, with no intermediate stations between Stratford and Canonbury. At
first off-peak trains at least were very lightly loaded - on one occasion,
when I was the only passenger in the front coach (of 2), the driver invited
me into the cab.

Possibly the same driver who gave me a cab ride? I had only been working
for BR for a few weeks and this was one of the first rides I took with
my priv pass. ISTR the driver was very keen that the new service should
be a success - which, eventually, it was.

--
Bill Hayles

http://billnot.com