Old July 15th 09, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Tube to Battersea

"John B" wrote in message
On Jul 15, 12:37 pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
"John B" wrote in message

An acquaintance has just been briefed on progress on the Battersea
Power Stations Northern Line extension:http://bit.ly/riSsr

Semi-off-the-record-ly, he's been told that the feasibility studies
are done, that TfL, LU, the GLA, LB Wandsworth and LB Lambeth are all
in favour of the project, that (entirely private) finance is almost
complete, that a provisional route from Kennington to Battersea via
Nine Elms has been earmarked, and that RFPs for project managers,
engineers and lead contractors will go out shortly.

My first reaction was "Seems a pity not to connect either proposed station
with any other rail/underground station even if it's only Battersea Park."
but thinking about it what sort of travel opportunities would that open?
Not many I suspect. Going on to Clapham Junction might be worthwhile but
even then I'm not wholly convinced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Elms_railway_station

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

I don't see the relevance. The market operates at times when the tube is
closed.