Old July 16th 09, 05:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Tube to Battersea

"John B" wrote in message
An acquaintance has just been briefed on progress on the Battersea
Power Stations Northern Line extension: http://bit.ly/riSsr

Semi-off-the-record-ly, he's been told that the feasibility studies
are done, that TfL, LU, the GLA, LB Wandsworth and LB Lambeth are all
in favour of the project, that (entirely private) finance is almost
complete, that a provisional route from Kennington to Battersea via
Nine Elms has been earmarked, and that RFPs for project managers,
engineers and lead contractors will go out shortly.

Meanwhile LU will look at funding options to extend the work to
Clapham Junction at public expense.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

The more I read this discussion the more I find myself asking if this is the
correct solution to "the problem". Mind you, what is "the problem"? For
the sake of argument we'll say a significant new traffic generator on the
site of Battersea Power Station. Looking at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea-Hackney_line would the private money be
better spent as seed money for a completely new route?