Old July 16th 09, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Abigail Brady Abigail Brady is offline

Default 7 coats of arms on Hammersmith Bridge

On Jul 16, 10:58*am, "neverwas" wrote:
I can understand why they used Colchester's as the arms of Essex
duplicated Middlesex's. *But I haven't been able to find a reason for
not using Surrey's (assuming there was such a thing).

I doubt there was. Surrey County Council was officially granted arms
in 1934 - the design appears to have been novel (and based on the arms
of various Surrey towns) rather than being a previous informal design
being "blessed", as was the situation with Middlesex.

--
Abi