Old July 16th 09, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Tube to Battersea

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On Jul 15, 8:52 pm, Mizter T wrote:

[snip John B's post]

Cripes. I can hardly believe it. I honestly thought it was all total
pie-in-the-sky stuff.

*If* this can honestly, really be done on a by privately funded basis,
then fair enough [...]

So surprised that I couldn't even construct sentences properly! You
see what I was trying to get at though.

A few thoughts. Initially I thought it a bit of a shame that it'd miss
Vauxhall altogether, though obviously on looking at this map [1] for
longer than five seconds one sees that the trajectory of the line
south of Kennington is all wrong for that:
http://tinyurl.com/Battersea-Extension-Map

Also a bit of a shame that it misses Oval station (well, winds around
it) -

Why?

What possible use would a Kennington to Oval line be, given that there's
already a Kennington to Oval line?

tim