Old July 17th 09, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

Default Fares: London - Gatwick?

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:41:17 +0100, David A Stocks
wrote:

"Fig" wrote in message newsp.uw7k8eaom4iaeb@dell...
Hi Group,

I have to meet Mrs Fig at Gatwick (North) this evening.
This is not a common journey for me so, seeing as I've got a bit of
time, I thought I'd try and figure out my cheapest option. Wish I'd
never started!

The details:

From: Ruislip Gardens
To: Gatwick (North)
Flight arrives: 8pm
I need 1 return journey and 1 single.
We both have HMF railcards.
Neither of us have any season tickets but do have railcards loaded on
to Oyster for discounted caps.
I can buy an off-peak z1-6 day travelcard for £5 (if the ticket office
is open!)

What would be the cheapest option?

NR website is saying £11.20 for rtn from London Bridge, £14.50 for
return from Victoria and £19.00 for return Gatwick Exp.
I've got no idea about boundary zone 6 to Gatwick prices, but coupled
with a £5 travelcard that must be an option?

This looks like what you need - I reckon a CDR costs £6.50 as an ANY
PERMITTED fare (the NOT GATWICK EXP costs £6.90 more, go figure). At
that price I would just buy two of them, assuming you can also buy two
z1-6 travelcards. If you're buying tix at Gatwick I would get them
*before* meeting the missus.

Thanks David. Just to be sure, ANY PERMITTED includes Gatwick Express?
Have just discovered that Mrs Fig is on expenses so will just by her a
single with the greatest availability.

--
Fig