Old July 17th 09, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at 15:14:11
on Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Recliner remarked:
but I wonder what the exact mechanism for the transfer will be? Will
the new DfT ECML operating company simply take over NXEC, complete
with all its staff, leases, assets, contracts, etc, or will there be
some messy transfer of all of these to the new company?

It seemed to work OK when GNER handed back the keys.

That was different -- I think GNER ran it for a while under a
management contract before NX won the new franchise.

So you don't think the DfT will contract NXEC to run it for a
while? Maybe not, as they seem to have a new trading vehicle ready
to go.

Apparently Elaine Holt, recent FCC MD, is lined up to head up the DfT
InterCity East Coast company.

--
Colin Rosenstiel