Old July 18th 09, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:48:48 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:19:11 +0100, "Recliner"
wrote:

But who employs the staff? With whom are the ROSCO lease contracts?
And the Web site? And the office leases? If these are with NXEC,
as I presume they must be, how do they pass smoothly to Elaine
Holt's new outfit?

The procedures are all set down in "TUPE", which is short for
"Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations".

There exists a vast amount of expertise in applying these regulations.

Doesn't TUPE only cover the staff transfer?

Yes, I should have pointed that out. I just wanted to make the point
that TUPE is a well-tried system for transferring people from one
organisation to another doing the same job.

In the event of TOC default, the ROSCO leases automatically revert to
DfT Rail - that's how the DfT guarantee works.

The Web site and office leases remain the responsibility of the TOC
unless separate arrangements are made for transfer. I would expect
those arrangements will be under negotiation and will be in place for
when NXEC walks away, assuming that is still their intention.