Old July 19th 09, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

Mizter T wrote:

You watch even less television than I do then! BBC television used to
cover London as part of the South East region (perhaps officially
called "London & South East", I dunno), but in 2001 this was split -
London became a region in its own right, whilst the South East region
swallowed a transmitter from the South region and started a new
regional television news service that comes I think from Tunbridge
Wells.

Whilst true the London region broadcasts go some way beyond the boundaries -
my parents in Epsom have always had London regional television for
instance - and I *think* the scope of regional news reflects this. (Although
regional political coverage is pretty much just the GLA and London
Boroughs.)