Old July 19th 09, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
1506 1506 is offline

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

On Jul 19, 7:30*am, "tim....." wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message

In message
, at
04:00:47 on Sun, 19 Jul 2009, John B remarked:
My father lives in India and has a +44 20 phone number. My office is
in Islington and has an +1 646 phone number.

Are they VoIP?

Yup.

And they are well known to mean very little.

By people who can tell the difference.

I am well versed in the current telecom situation

and I haven't the faintest idea what number range is allocated to stand
alone VOIP connections.

I doubt that the man in the street even knows what we are talking about.

tim

VoIP numbers with accomodation addresses are very useful in giving one
a virtial presence. I have +44 23 (Portsmounth), +44 1243
(Chichester), +44 113 (Leeds), +44 7 (UK Mobile), + 1 714 (Anaheim),
+1 310 (Beverly Hills), and +1 (775) (Reno) numbers. Family Friends
and business contacts can all reach me easily, and inexpensively, with
local numbers regardless of where I may at any given ttime.