Old July 20th 09, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Google Maps

On Jul 18, 7:20*pm, MIG wrote:
On 18 July, 18:03, John B wrote:

On Jul 18, 3:29*pm, "Basil Jet"

wrote:
If you click on a LUL/LOROL/DLR station, all three networks are displayed,
in line colours. The lines which serve the clicked station are highlighted
(although branched lines are not dealt with particularly intelligently). The
same is true of Paris, Copenhagen, San Francisco etc, but not Manchester or
Glasgow.

That's rather cool. Although the Overground's a bit broken, in that
the lines don't follow the actual train tracks on the map, and they
add a rather surprising service from South Hampstead to Caledonian
Road non-stopping Camden Road: http://bit.ly/bnyZ4

None of the lines seem to follow the tracks; they just join the
stations, often in a really bizarre way (like the Metropolitan cutting
through Regents Park).

True. All the Underground lines round my way are actually underground
and hence don't show up on the normal maps, so I only spotted it for
LO...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org