Old July 22nd 09, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

Default First passenger service journey for LUL 09 stock

On 22 July, 21:21, "Recliner" wrote:
"Stephen Furley" wrote in message

On 22/7/09 16:00, in article
,
"Paul Corfield" wrote:

An internal (LU) notice has stated that the first passenger service
journey of the new Victoria Line 09 stock took place last night just
before midnight from Seven Sisters down to Brixton. More passenger
service trips will build up over the coming months using trains 01
and
02.

I thought people might be interested to know.

--
Paul Corfield
via Google

The Victoria Line stock was the first new stock that I remember being
introduced. *It seemed incredibly modern at the time compared to the
CO and R stocks which I was used to on the Circle and District when
going to the Science Museum, the first journey up into central London
which I made on my own, and the 38 stock which I occasionally used on
the Bakerloo or Northern; these were the only Underground lines which
I'd used at that time. *It's odd to think that it's reached the end
of its life, and due to be replaced.

I was wondering if this is the first time that automatic trains have
been replaced by (and will co-exist for a while with) all-new automatic
trains, using a different control system? *It's certainly the first time
on LU, but has it happened anywhere else already?

Dint it happen between Hainault and Woodford? Maybe not the
coexistence.