Old July 23rd 09, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:11:21 +0100, David Jackson
wrote:
The message . li
from Tom Anderson contains these words:

One so advanced they've lost the need to make decent cheese, apparently.

No, as it happens. You just need to buy the Real Thing(TM), not
something invented in ASDATescoburys. I have some rather tasty Cheshire
Blue on my plate right now...

Is Cheshire Blue really "the Real Thing™"?

Without any AOC regulations such as those that apply to. for example,
Champagne wines and Melton Mowbray pork pies, no Cheshire cheese can
be truly said to be "the Real Thing™". But surely blue was not one of
the traditional cheeses associated with the Cheshire "brand"?

Having been brought up in "Lancashire" I am more a fan of the mild
"Lancashire Creamy" and sharper "Lancashire Tasty" cheeses, as I have
always found Cheshire cheese far too bland - and not just the
supermarket variety. Hence the Cheshire Blue, I suppose - one way to
give a bland cheese some flavour is to turn it blue. White Stilton is
also too bland to be enjoyable.

As for Cheddar, any cheese that can be made in locations as far away
from Cheddar Gorge as Canada and Israel cannot expect to be taken
seriously. ;-)