Old July 23rd 09, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
David Jackson David Jackson is offline

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

The message
from Bruce contains these words:

Having been brought up in "Lancashire" I am more a fan of the mild
"Lancashire Creamy" and sharper "Lancashire Tasty" cheeses, as I have
always found Cheshire cheese far too bland - and not just the
supermarket variety. Hence the Cheshire Blue, I suppose - one way to
give a bland cheese some flavour is to turn it blue. White Stilton is
also too bland to be enjoyable.

My early experience of Lancashire cheese did nothing to convince me that
the stuff *wasn't* made in that big factory by WBQ. However my more
recent samplings of the farm-produced brands have made me change my
mind, and I rather like Garstang Blue, although it's a bit on the soft
side. Cotherstone (or is it Cotherston, I can never remember) made in
Durham, is an interesting cheese, although it's not always easy to get.

The "Famous Cheshire Cheese, mentioned in the Domesday Book" is too mild
and crumbly to be of interest here. BTW, we were talking about *cheese*
so why did you change the subject to "Cheddar"? (Isle of Mull Cheddar
isn't too bad!)

--
Dave,
Frodsham