Old July 24th 09, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:57:16 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
"John Salmon" writes:
Within Buckinghamshire I think it's [1] just Milton Keynes that's a
Unitary Authority, i.e. outside the administrative county but inside the
ceremonial (lord-lieutenancy) one.

Incidentally, it's entirely off-topic, but is Milton Keynes as horrid as
it sounds?

Milton Keynes is a lot nicer than people who don't know the place
claim it is. It is by far the most pleasant and most successful of
the postwar "New Towns", and is characterised by a combination of
excellent landscaping and some very good modern architecture.

My only significant criticism of the town (it is a city in all but
name) is that it was designed around the car, so public transport
provision could be better. I don't live in MK but would be happy to.