Old July 25th 09, 12:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rearends round our corners for the final time.

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:39:55 -0700 (PDT), John B
wrote:

On Jul 24, 3:34 pm, wrote:
[accurate and correct things]

Bloody hell, that's a Boltar post that I completely, 100% agree with.
Must be the end times...

Ditto. I feel worried.

The Red Arrow bendies do get very full but 50 people get a seat. Come
Monday they'll be lucky if about 20 people get a seat given most of the
area will be standee only like the old GLS / LS types that the bendies
replaced.

What's the seating/standing ratio on the 12m Citaros ordered for the
507/521? 2:1 on the bendies, of course, so I'm assuming it's about 23
seats/46 standing? I note that the 1960s Red Arrow Merlins had 25
seats/48 standing, so there's progress for you.

Tom