Old July 25th 09, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Albert Albert is offline

Default Route - FCC only

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 18:33:28 on Sat,
25 Jul 2009, Albert remarked:
Can someone explain why it is that if you buy a cheap-day return from a
station on the Brighton Line in Sussex to City-Thameslink you are only
allowed to return by First Capital Connect (ie. from C-T or London Bridge)
and not from Victoria? The ticket is marked "Route - FCC only".

This has been much discussed, mainly with regard to Gatwick - where there
is apparently a "not Gatwick Express" version of the ticket that is in
effect an "any-permitted" (except Gatex).

But I agree that to the casual traveller they do appear to try very hard
to force the FCC-only ticket onto you. (I've even been sold an FCC-only
ticket to Waterloo East, which is in theory impossible).

What station is it?

Three Bridges