Old July 25th 09, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Read Chris Read is offline

Default Route - FCC only

"Albert" wrote:

Can someone explain why it is that if you buy a cheap-day return from a
station on the Brighton Line in Sussex to City-Thameslink you are only
allowed to return by First Capital Connect (ie. from C-T or London Bridge)
and not from Victoria? The ticket is marked "Route - FCC only".

I suspect because that's the cheapest walk-on fare for that journey. (Cue
examples of ten cheaper fares).

If you want to return from another terminal, such as Victoria, you need to
tell the clerk/machine, and there will be a 'London terminals' option to
suit, in this case (I suspect) with sub-options excluding or permitting
GatEx.

Following criticism from the likes of Which?, there seems to be increased
focus on offering the cheapest fare first, which will almost inevitably be
the option with least flexibility.

Chris