Old July 25th 09, 11:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Electric EEL, sorry ELL

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 13:58:32 +0100, eastender
wrote:

The power on the ELL goes live on 1 August, according to a warning
telling me to keep off the tracks that arrived today.

There's a newsletter too with some pics including one with a reference
to 'one of the most complex pieces of track design in the UK' * looks
like a simple cross-over to me.

Is the newsletter called "East London Line News" and published by the
consortium doing the construction work?

I wish they'd formally publish these on the web. I've only seen a couple
that someone scanned in to their own website. Seems a real shame not to
give proper web access to this info. It's not every day we have a new
railway built in London.

When are the 378s due to go into revenue service, by the way, and what
kind of power modes will they have?