Old December 23rd 03, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Mikael Armstrong Mikael Armstrong is offline

Default reducing congestion

"Conor" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Of course! They moan about expensive housing, but you can be sure they

would
object to any new housing too.

And new housing costs how much? Oh yeah, the same as the others.

It does if you just build one or two new houses. However if we did not have
such tight planning regulation and VAT disincentives for renovating old
buildings, there would have been a much greater consistent supply over the
last few years which would almost certainly have dampened the house price
inflation.

--
Conor

"Cogito Eggo Sum" - "I think, therefore I am a waffle"