Old July 26th 09, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Electric EEL, sorry ELL

On Jul 25, 1:58*pm, eastender wrote:
The power on the ELL goes live on 1 August, according to a warning
telling me to keep off the tracks that arrived today.

That's good news. I passed over some bits of the line on the way to
Lewisham and was thinking how odd the new mainly aluminium conductor
rails looked compared to the running rails. But everything did look
ready for use. It's quite strange seeing the depot at New Cross
disconnected and abandoned, especially considering how many class 378s
will be arriving.

There's a newsletter too with some pics including one with a reference
to 'one of the most complex pieces of track design in the UK' * looks
like a simple cross-over to me.