Old July 26th 09, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Electric EEL, sorry ELL

On Jul 26, 12:29*am, "
wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 13:58:32 +0100, eastender
wrote:

The power on the ELL goes live on 1 August, according to a warning
telling me to keep off the tracks that arrived today.

There's a newsletter too with some pics including one with a reference
to 'one of the most complex pieces of track design in the UK' * looks
like a simple cross-over to me.

Is the newsletter called "East London Line News" and published by the
consortium doing the construction work?

I wish they'd formally publish these on the web. I've only seen a couple
that someone scanned in to their own website. Seems a real shame not to
give proper web access to this info. It's not every day we have a new
railway built in London.

When are the 378s due to go into revenue service, by the way, and what
kind of power modes will they have?

It always seems to be next week!! The first deliveries will be both
25kV AC overhead and 3rd 750V DC 3rd rail power supplies. All the
information that I can find has the ELL units as 750V DC 3rd rail
only, but we shall see. There are 5 units at Willesden being
commisioned, but none have been accepted yet. There are many more
units in Derby awaiting delivery.