Old July 26th 09, 04:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message
,
at 06:52:36 on Sun, 26 Jul 2009, MIG
remarked:
What about a design of bus suitable for modern-day London? Is that so
bluddy difficult to imagine?

The routemaster was perfect. I always feel somewhat "trapped" on a
bus where the driver has the power to stop me getting off
(especially when stuck in traffic and I'd rather continue on foot).

That is the key point and why Boris' vendetta against bendies has got
traction. However, the new single deckers will be no better in your regard.

--
Colin Rosenstiel