Old July 26th 09, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Electric EEL, sorry ELL

eastender wrote:
In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:

Is the newsletter called "East London Line News" and published by the
consortium doing the construction work?

I wish they'd formally publish these on the web. I've only seen a couple
that someone scanned in to their own website. Seems a real shame not to
give proper web access to this info. It's not every day we have a new
railway built in London.

Yes, that's the newsletter. The one that's out now is issue 8 (July
2009). I've called and spoken to someone (who amazingly answered the
phone yesterday) who said she'll look into putting them online.

Not that there's an awful lot in it on the actual project - three small
pics of the route; a page on safety; a school art competition and where
an ELL exhibition is going (architects models); a page on Surrey Quays
history; and a short item on the London Transport Museum looking to
collect stuff related to the ELL.

They want to have a word with the Gautrain people, who have the website,
e-mails, Facebook page, Tweeting, and all the other bells and whistles
2.0-with-knobs-on which the kids of today have on their interwebs.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK