Old July 27th 09, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Deutsch Martin Deutsch is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rearends round our corners for the final time.

On Jul 26, 11:34*pm, Andy wrote:
On Jul 26, 11:06*pm, "Ian F." wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message

.. .

I admit to having an inbuilt patholgocial hatred of cyclists who
disobey the rules of the road, so I'm as guilty as anyone. *But I do
think that the bendy buses have been vilified for a lot of problems
that they don't cause.

I hate them for the one major problem they *do* cause - fare-dodging!

Well, they don't cause the fare-dodging. Facilitate it maybe, but the
it is the fare-dodgers that cause the fare-dodging.

Pedantry aside, surely the solution to discouraging fare-dodging is to
increase inspections, not to change the bus?

I don't suppose anyone knows how the statistics compare for fare-
dodging on bendy buses vs Tramlink or the DLR, where it's also easy to
board without a ticket?