Old July 27th 09, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rearends round our corners for the final time.

David Cantrell wrote:
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 02:34:11PM +0000, wrote:

Ie perfectly servicable vehicles are about to be mothballed for no good
reason other than a bunch of whining idiot cyclists and a grandstanding
politician.

Don't forget the people who voted for him.

Don't forget the lies about 'many cyclists killed every year'. People
voted for him based on that kind of crap.

Boris esssentially had two choices - the brave one of admitting he was
wrong and committing to a case-by-case analysis of bus routes based on
objective criteria (fare evasion, junction blocking, boarding time,
cost) or the cowardly one of pretending he was telling the truth and
scrapping them all without consultation* or debate. We know what kind
of man he is now.

Tom

* That's not entirely true, TfL did consult, and then ignored it despite
even Westminster Council accepting that bendies made sense on the Red
Arrows.