Old July 27th 09, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_3_] eastender[_3_] is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:

Why then has TfL gone to
the loony bin if it introduces a bus boarding scheme that means shorter
dwell times at stops?

WHy indeed. Christian Wolmar, whom I have a lot of time for, writes:
'However, it is the bendy bus fiasco that really shows up Boris as
little more than a standard issue Tory playing narrow political
games....I am no great fan of bendy buses which are not objects of great
beauty. But, my god, they do their job efficiently.'

http://www.christianwolmar.co.uk/200...ter-to-tory-po
licies/

And also:

Sharon Grant, Chair, London TravelWatch said: "We have yet to hear a
credible reason for scrapping bendy buses..."

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/news.php?id=662

It seems extraordinary that one man is walking all over us.

E.