Old July 28th 09, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rear ends round our corners for the final time.

In message
, at
21:58:17 on Mon, 27 Jul 2009, eastender
remarked:
The routemaster was perfect. I always feel somewhat "trapped" on a bus
where the driver has the power to stop me getting off (especially when
stuck in traffic and I'd rather continue on foot).

My word - bet you really hate air travel.

In case you hadn't noticed, it's not practical to get off a plane or
train and walk the rest of the way. What I object to with buses is being
stuck in a jam and trapped until the next bus stop with the clock
ticking away.

There *are* equivalents with air travel, which is being forced to wait
for a bus, and until every last person has got on, before being driven
to the airport building a hundred yards away. Of course, if it's raining
they make you walk