Old July 28th 09, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default These writhing whales of the road have swung their hefty rearends round our corners for the final time.

On 28 July, 11:46, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:56:18 +0100

Roland Perry wrote:

In message
, at
22:07:00 on Mon, 27 Jul 2009, eastender
remarked:
But that's not the point. It's their collateral damage which people are
worried about.

No - it's just pathetic political posturing .

I object to the collateral damage, so that's one person who isn't doing
any political posturing. I expect most people trying to cross the road,
but are blocked by a bendy-bus, are also more interested in the
practical objections.

Yes , we should ban HGVs too because they can occasionally block pedestrian
crossings and squish cyclists. 7.5 tonners are the way forward!

B2003-

HGVs and bendy buses are intended for different types of road. HGVs
aren't allowed in all the places that bendy buses are, and I don't see
many bendy buses at Felixtowe.